Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Restricting Password related characters

sundas7
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi Team,

Could you please let me know if there is a way to restrict specific characters from the temporary passwords that get generated and sent to the users once they are onboarded.

When we look into the AD Connector, I see there are password related attributes ,but am not able to see where to set if we need to exclude any characters?

Is that possible?

SETRANDOMPASSWORD

PASSWORD_MIN_LENGTH

PASSWORD_MAX_LENGTH

PASSWORD_NOOFCAPSALPHA

PASSWORD_NOOFDIGITS

PASSWORD_NOOFSPLCHARS

Thanks

Shyam

4 REPLIES 4

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

This is not possible with connection attribute. attach password policy to security system and make connection password attributes blank it will work

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

sundas7
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Thanks Rushikesh.

I am creating a new password policy in lower env and attaching it to SS to test.

I see Disallow Last Password , Do we have the option to restrict a bunch of characters.

Thanks

Shyam

you can use regex to define your logic

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

sundas7
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

thanks yeah I am just tweaking that