We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

REST Connector - ImportUserJSON & userResponsePath

stevemcg9899
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I am attempting to integrate a REST-based application with Saviynt and import users from it. An example response can be seen below:

[
{
"userId": 1,
"externalUserId":"auser",
"firstName":"A",
"lastName":"User",
"displayName":"A User",
"email":"a.user@company.com",
"createdDate":"2023-09-16T16:06:10.000Z"
},
]

The documentation suggests:

"Use this attribute to fetch the path in which the list of users are stored in the JSON response.
For example, if the JSON response is {"response": {"users":[{"name": "foo"}]}}, the userResponsePath value is"

But as per the object above, there is no path (or key) to access the user attributes.

My question therefore is,  what should the value of userResponsePath be when there is no path or key to the user data?

If there is a known example, Saviynt Support should not only update this forum post but also feedback to the documentation/content team and update the documentation @ https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/REST-v23x/page/Content/Developers-Handbook.htm

3 REPLIES 3

sk
All-Star
All-Star

@stevemcg9899 Did you try [] or blank?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

stevemcg9899
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Yes, neither worked.

I appreciate the response, but having spent enough time on this, it would be great if someone from Saviynt could reply to this forum post and provide the definitive answer.

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Based on the response your JSON should look something like below. userResponsePath will just be "".

If it still does not work for you, can you share the job log file. Also, you can update ConfigJSON param in the REST connection with value {"showLogs":true}. This will enable additional logging.

"userResponsePath": "",
  "colsToPropsMap": {
    "username": "userId~#~char",

Regards,
Sahil