Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

requestor manager's attribute in workflow for condition evaluation

KG
New Contributor III
New Contributor III
Hi Team,
I need to fetch the  requestor manager's attribute in workflow for condition evaluation. Can you please help ?

Regards
KG
21 REPLIES 21

armaanzahir
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Have you tried using requestedby object?

requestedby.manager eq ''

armaanzahir_0-1687353875886.png

Workflow Components 

Regards,
Md Armaan Zahir

naveenss
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @KG ,

Use requestedby.owner eq 'ABC' with the expression language as "select"

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

KG
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi , 

I want to fetch the custom property attribute of requestor Manager in the workflow. Can you Please help me with the expression?

Regards,

KG

requestedby.manager.customproperty1 eq 'ABC'

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

To fetch requestor manager's custom property pls try below expression in the if/else block of workflow. Keep the expression language as "Select"

requestedby.manager.customproperty1 eq 'XYZ'

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

KG
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

its showing error in workflow

What is the error you are seeing? Ideally requestedby.manager.custompropertyxx variable should work to get manager custom property values

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

KG
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Its showing customproperty 14 not found in log 

Can you please share the screenshot of WF condition and also the logs? We have successfully used similar condition in our use case and working as expected. Also try below condition and see if that makes any difference.

requestedby.manager?.custompropertyxx

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

KG
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

(
(requestedby.manager?.customproperty14 ne null) and
(
(requestedby.manager?.customproperty14 eq '4V') or
(requestedby.manager?.customproperty14 eq '5V')
)
)

and 

(
(requestedby.manager.customproperty14 ne null) and
(
(requestedby.manager.customproperty14 eq '4V') or
(requestedby.manager.customproperty14 eq '5V')
)
)

KG
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

ecm","2023-07-06T14:09:36.797+00:00","{"log":"de.odysseus.el.tree.TreeBuilderException: Error parsing '#{(( (requestedby.manager?.customproperty14 ne null) and ( (requestedby.manager?.customproperty14 eq '4V') or (requestedby.manager?.customproperty14 eq '5V') ) )) eq true }': syntax error at position 26, encountered '.', expected

This time in logs I don't see unknown parameter instead I see syntax error, Also I see logs are not capturing whole issue. Please try below two conditions and if you still see error please share the respective logs snippet

(requestedby.manager.customproperty14 !=null) and ((requestedby.manager.customproperty14 == '4V') or (requestedby.manager.customproperty14== '5V'))
(requestedby.manager?.customproperty14 !=null) and ((requestedby.manager?.customproperty14 == '4V') or (requestedby.manager?.customproperty14== '5V'))

Regards,
Saathvik

KG
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Same error is there customproperty14 not found

Hi @KG ,

can you share the screenshot of the if/else block from workflow? Also if possible can you share the export of the workflow?

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur

KG
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Naveen,

KG_0-1688754591071.png

What is type of workflow 

parallel or serial

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

KG
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

its Parallel

KG
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

KG_0-1689181613822.png

Hi ,

I am still not able to figure out why this workflow is not working.

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

in WF (if else block): Expression language --> Select

requestedby.customproperty5 eq 'TEST'

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

KG
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

as per log error is customproperty14 not found

Share logs & condition

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak