Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Request Access for Others – Multi User bypassing workflow

gagan94
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Everyone

Users that submit user loads in bulk via Request Access for Others – Multi User tile are able to bypass approval workflow. It appears that no approval is required when loading users via this method. Need to update the process to force the standard approval workflow to be used. If an Owner or Admin is requesting access it is ok to auto-approve, but if a non-owner and non-admin is requesting access, the requests need to be routed to the appropriate approver to approve or deny the request.

Any help on this would really be appreciable.

6 REPLIES 6

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You need maintain requestor customproperty as admin or non admin based on that use if else block in workflow to auto approve

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

sk
All-Star
All-Star

You need to update below global configuration and assign required approval WF to go through approval instead of auto approval. Also in WF you can handle if request is submitted by admins try to auto approve or else send it through approvals

Auto Approve Workflow for Multiuser request upload

sk_0-1671229265432.png

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

gagan94
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi, 
As of now all muti user requests are auto approved, I agree we have setting in global config to change it but what if any admin group or owner submit the request, how should we identify them.

Can you help me with high level steps what to do to achieve this requirement.

Regards,

Gagan 

requestedBy eq requestedFor

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

gagan94
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hey,

I tried to made changes at global configuration level for multi User requests, Requests are following mentioned workflow but how will I need to identify the requests are submitted by Admin those request should be auto-approved.

what needs to be done to identify the requestor is having admin power. what exactly needs to be add at workflow level.
 Can anybody share reading reference to achieve this requirement.

Regards

Gagan

U can’t directly check sav role . You need store in users customproperty

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak