Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Renaming hanarule - Any implications?

Sivagami
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I would like to rename certain technical rules and user update rules. Is there any implication in doing so or is it better to inactive the current rule and create a new one altogether?

I have seen the triggered rule gets displayed in user update history and there might be other places as well this rule name might be referenced. Appreciate your insights understanding the impact.

3 REPLIES 3

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Sivagami ,

Once a rule is created, we will not be able to rename it from UI. The option will be disabled if you check on any of the existing rules. If you'd like to change the name, then you have to disable the existing rule and create a new one with desired name. 

Thanks

Regards,
Pruthvi

Sivagami
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks Pruthvi for the suggestion. And yes, rule can't be renamed from UI.

I was thinking of a custom query for renaming the rule, if there are no implications.

-Siva

@Sivagami , Yes you can rename it using custom query at this point. But this might not be a standard solution going forward as the custom query option would be depreciated soon. 

But if your business case needs the rule's name to be changed at this point, you can use custom query.

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi