Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Register user - dynamic attribute - set "Editable" dynamically?

Olesia
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,

As we know we can use the "Action String" in a Dynamic Attribute to control other attributes on the form (SHOW/HIDE or REQ/NREQ).

Do you know if there is a way to control "Editable On Create /Editable On Update" from the Action String?

Olesia_0-1665754008972.png

And the second question, is there a way to define what is the form opened - "Create user" or "Update User"? I was trying with something like ${requestType}, but was not succeed.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

avinashchhetri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @Olesia,

I do not think you can control the "Editable" option dynamically.

Technically, the form is known as Register User Form but I have seen it been used colloquially as Create User form and Update User Form depending on the usage of the form.  If you have a request generated for both of these types of action, then under the ars_requests table, the Comments and RequestType can help you determine the operation.

Create User Operation - RequestType=18, Comments = Create User
Update User Operation - RequestType=19, Comments = Update User

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri

Olesia
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi, thanks for your response!

I have created an idea to add this control into Action String, here it is: https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/EIC-I-3745

I would like to have the possibility to define whether it is a RequestType=18 or RequestType=19 in an open form and to use SQL requests/Action String accordingly.

Olesia
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Please, vote for the idea if you have the same requirement.

jezzanuena
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Actually, you can somehow achieve this by putting EDIT### or NEDIT### in the action string, not in the documentation though, just found out ourselves. 😂