Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Query on some of the commands specific to EBS Application Onboarding

DiwakarKPatil
New Contributor
New Contributor
Hi,

Need help here. We are onboarding Ebiz to Saviynt and when discussing with the customer Ebiz team, the below points were raised by Ebiz team, and also provided alternate suggestions, which contradicts to what is documented in Saviynt EBS connector guide.

Could we confirm that the suggestions made by Ebiz team are acceptable and workable, also any issues that might occur due to this change will not impact the Saviynt support. 
  1. Regarding “Grant SELECT privileges to your service account on the following APPS schema tables and views”

Just issuing raw grant commands leads to unpredictable object invalidation (this would require such commands to be executed during downtime) – the correct method is to use the AD_ZD.GRANT_PRIVS API, as I quote from Oracle document Developing and Deploying Customizations in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1577661.1)

1. Regarding “Create the following synonyms in your service account schema by logging into the DB with your serviceaccount credentials”

Most are listed against APPS synonyms/objects which is OK, however the following are not: 

create synonym HR_ALL_ORGANIZATION_UNITS for HR.HR_ALL_ORGANIZATION_UNITS; 
create synonym HR_OPERATING_UNITS for HR.HR_OPERATING_UNITS; 

a) HR.HR_OPERATING_UNITS doesn’t exist – I presume this was supposed to follow the grant and be against APPS.HR_OPERATING_UNITS 

b) HR.HR_ALL_ORGANIZATION_UNITS is a base table and must not be referred to directly as columns etc get renamed during patching – only references should be to the logical view, which is the object that is granted to APPS. This synonym should be against APPS.HR_ALL_ORGANIZATION_UNITS (itself a synonym to editioning view HR.HR_ALL_ORGANIZATION_UNITS#)  not HR.HR_ALL_ORGANIZATION_UNITS (a table) 

Again, I quote from Oracle document Developing and Deploying Customizations in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1577661.1) 

1. Package SAV_FND_USER_PKG

It is bad practice to not name extension packages with at least an XX prefix – this is expected to be loaded into the APPS schema where most code exists and it is important to partition extensions away from Oracle code.  Can this be renamed to XXMO_SAV_FND_USER_PKG for example?

Any response on the above is appreciated.
1 REPLY 1

timchengappa
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @DiwakarKPatil 

I have forwarded your queries to our EBS Application SMEs and will revert back as soon as I have an update. 

Thank you.