We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Providing computer assignments for application provisioning installs

steve_crawford
New Contributor
New Contributor

Found some information, but they didn't really answer my questions. Two questions:
1) Are we able to import computer objects and associate them with a user account? (seems this is a yes with a corresponding attribute)
2) When a user is approved for access to an app like Notepad++, are we able to add a job to add their known computer object to an AD group?

The ultimate goal being using a tool to install these apps based on the computer object membership of said AD group.

Many TIA!

5 REPLIES 5

Dhruv_Sharma
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @steve_crawford 

Could you please elaborate more on the requirement.

I am not able to understand how AD group is needed for an app like notepad++ ?

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

Hi @Dhruv_Sharma 

We use AD groups to manage deployments of certain applications and thick clients to support them. The thought was to use a single access request for an application and then if approved, have a job add their synced computer object to said AD group.

Apps like SapGUI and Visio would be two better one. I didn't go deep in the details with my ask, but hopefully this helps clarify the use case?

Best regards,
Steve

You can keep ad groups requestable and provide access 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @steve_crawford 

Using Saviynt, AD groups can be provisioned to accounts. If there are certain groups to manage the deployment of certain applications, we can provision those groups to the AD accounts. Post the groups are provisioned to the AD accounts, deployment of applications using the AD group on AD end is out of scope for the Saviynt.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@steve_crawford if ti svia AD group, try using the feature ENDPOINTS_FILTER.

Refer there : Configuring the Integration for Importing Accounts and Access (saviyntcloud.com)

Filtering Groups to Import

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos