Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Programmatically download analytics file

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

What is the preferred method to download an analytic execution programmatically?

The desire is to run the analytic on a schedule, and access it via an external system using the REST API. Ideally, we would be able to access the data in CSV format as it is generated from the analytic. I see in the analytics module that you can choose to save an analytic to a file, but it is unclear how to access that file. All I can find in the REST API are references to running the analytic and generating, in effect, JSON-formatted data on demand.

6 REPLIES 6

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Use saviynt rest api 

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/1797923/RWaLwo21?version=latest#52844e30-6519-4587-815d-94de0... 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

I have figured out how to generate run history for my analytic that way, but struggling to determine how do I retrieve the data once it has been generated?

Are you asking programmatically or API wise

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/1797923/RWaLwo21?version=latest#d5934884-c211-46e8-bd29-d9438... 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

I can run that call to generate the JSON and data. Is there a way to download the CSV through the API that is generated via GUI like below?

BrandonLucas_BF_0-1670873685378.png

No. You need to write code to input data in csv/excel

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Summary - must export analytic data using API in JSON and convert to CSV/Excel which can be done a number of ways (including very easily in Powershell)