Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Populating customproperty for creating workflow

gazanjum
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

Workflow Requirement: If a user1 requests for entitlement 1 and he is an authorized user, he should be auto-approved and user2 should go through entitlement owner flow. If user 2 requests  for entitlement 2 he should be auto-approved and user1 will go through approval process.

The condition I am using is a requestor should be auto-approved if his customproperty is populated with "XYZ". We are creating a SAV to SAV Connection and a job to populate these data in customproperty of requestors.

The challenge here is for 20 Entitlements, we would require 20 Customproperties, which is not feasible as other customproperties are already utilised. The only reason to leverage customproperty is because I don't see a variable for 'usergroup' in workflow.

Could you please let us know if this can be achieved via different workflow method.

3 REPLIES 3

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can use same customporperty and use COALESCE function 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

sk
All-Star
All-Star

I think you can get the members of user group. Can we understand your actual use case if you have user group available?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

gazanjum
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@sk , the use case is: 1. There are 13 Entitlements for 13 teams and all these are Azure AD Entitklements so everything will be available in the same endpoint AzureAD.

2. There are 50 users, 3/50 should be auto-approved everytime they request for entitlement 1 whereas 2/50 should go through approval process for entitlemnet 1; 5/50 should be auto-approved everytime they request for entitlement 1 and 3 whereas 7/50 should go through approval process for entitlement 1 and 3.

Now to achieve this I am leveraging the custom properties and the SAV to SAV could be used to auto-populate the customproperty from the user groups in the future. However can we directly use usergroup variable in the workflow, to overcome utilizing so many custom properties.

I hope my request makes sense.