Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Populate Dynamic attribute drop based on Entitlement selection

IAM_99
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi ,

We have a requirement to show  Dynamic attribute values based entitlements selection, please find below marked UserRole(Dynamic Attribute) one has to go down to the permissionSet(Entitlements)

IAM_99_0-1677877779130.png

any inputs on this ?

9 REPLIES 9

Ishan
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@IAM_99  You can check the Understanding Entitlement Hierarchy and Entitlement Mapping section in Admin Guide. It explains how you can use the dynamic attribute to populate entitlement values (check Config for Requestable Entitlement in ARS).

Ishan Kamat
Technical Architect, Professional Services
SaviyntLogo.png

IAM_99
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Thanks for the response.   for ex: Suppose we  have two entitlement types -

1. Permissionset

2. Role

if user selects PS1 (Permissionset type)  ---> Role1,Role2 ( we need show these)  , PS2---> Role3,Role4

What is the  variable name  for user selected entitlements,  so that we can filter in the sql query?

IAM_99_0-1678054779303.png

ev.customproperty1={userselectedEntitlement_value}    like this ?

ejeong
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Ishan 

Can you explain more about this? I did read the doc but cant find how to achieve this. I have similar requirement about this

You can use Entitlement Map feature with Request Filter and Hierarchy ON

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v232/page/Content/Chapter02-Identity-Repository/Under...

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

ejeong
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@sk 

My requirement is bit different. Do we have binding variable entitlement selected to use in dynamic attr? 

I want to show boolean value if entitlement valuekey is part of user_role. Then this should be auto approved. 

I don't think selected entitlement binding variable is available to use in DA. But I could be wrong will lookout for suggestions from Saviynt team.

What is your use case, I just want to know to see if it can be achieved in different way

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

ejeong
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

By our security policy some entitlement assigned by enterprise role could be revoked if there is no access history. In this case, user may request the ent again via ARS. We want to make this auto approve in this case. 

If ent valuekey = part of user_role then auto approve.

If there is no way to achieve this with DA, i am thinking to use analytics report if we have allowed action to approve request

You can try to implement this logic in WF using Custom Assignment block if user is part of role then assign approval back to requestor it will get auto prove otherwise assign it to entitlement owner.

Otherwise you can use if-else with groovy and use below format to execute a query

Example:

(com.saviynt.ecm.identitywarehouse.domain.Account_entitlements1.executeQuery(&quot;select ae.id from Account_entitlements1 ae where <logic>&quot;)?.size() != 0) == true

Regards,
Saathvik

IAM_99
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Request filter option is working for first time , next entitlement its not showing.

any other inputs on implementing - Parent - Child entitlements (dynamic selection)  in Salesforce OOTB Connector?