Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Persistent Data Configuration in Security System

markmora
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I want to know what is the Persistent Data configuration in Security System used for? What is the default mode? In which scenarios should we use it? Thanks

markmora_0-1675183324723.png

4 REPLIES 4

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Persistent Data

Indicates the SSM Data Space model when objects are not maintained in Saviynt Database but in another repository. For example, an external LDAP or external identity repository. This option indicates, if the data is to be saved in Saviynt DB or in external DB.

The following options are available to select:

• Yes: If selected as Yes, it will use Saviynt as the native DB.

• No: Select No, if you do not want to use the Saviynt as the native DB and you want to use some other external identity repository as the DB. In that case, Saviynt acts as a wrapper on top of any other DB and works as a real time call.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/SSM-Admin-v55x/page/Content/Chapter04-Onboarding-and-Managing-A...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

I read that but it is not clear to me when to use it or what is the default mode

Default value is blank in database when new security system is created (default value as True/yes)

In case you don't want to store data in saviynt then this configuration can be used, but its nowhere documented 

@uthra_rahul 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

markmora
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

What kind of data won't be stored? I set Persistent Data = Off, then I requested a new account, the task was completed and the account created and stored successfully in DB.

markmora_2-1675194507731.png

markmora_1-1675194495480.png

markmora_3-1675194690664.png