Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Passing ARS Form Comments in JSON

ShyamSrisailam
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Hi,

We have a requirement as below

Connector Type: REST

Need help on passing ARS Comments in JSON. We tried below syntax's but didn't work,

--> tasks.comments
  --> task.comments
  --> task.requestKey.comments
  --> arsTasks.requestKey.comments
  --> request.comments

please let us know if you have any info on how we can pass the syntax.

NOTE: Syntax can be related to Business Justification / Comments

Thanks & Regards
Shyam
Regards
SrisailamShyamSundarGoud
10 REPLIES 10

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
      "httpParams": "{\"ticket\": {\"subject\": \"Zendesk ticketing system ${businessJustification}\", \"comment\": { \"body\": \"Making use of zendesk ticketing system to test.\"}}}",

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000521736-rest-connector-guide#RESTConnec...  

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

Thank You

I am able to get the Business Justification in JSON -  ${businessJustification}.

But can you send me that if you have any syntax to get Comments also.

This  also didn't work : arsTasks.comments

Thanks & Regards

Shyam

Regards
SrisailamShyamSundarGoud

HI @ShyamSrisailam 

We are using saviynt 5.5.3.16 version, could you please let me know how to pass comments values (syntax) from Saviynt to servicenow Ticket

Hi @Rachana 

We didn't get the Syntax for Comments

Regards
SrisailamShyamSundarGoud

Hi @ShyamSrisailam @yamuna 

Can you please try the below variable and let me know if can fetch the 'request' comments?

${arsTasks?.requestKey?.comments}

Thank you

sundas7
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

\\\\nReason - '.concat((task.comments!=null)?task.comments.replaceAll('<.*?\\\\>',' '):'No Comments Provided')}else{'This ticket is created by ARS.....'

yamuna
New Contributor
New Contributor

@ShyamSrisailam 

Did you get syntax to add comments values (syntax) from Saviynt to servicenow Ticket. ?

If yes can you please let me know.

Hi @yamuna @ShyamSrisailam 

Use the below syntax to pass the comments to service now

${task.requestKey==null?'':task.requestKey?.comments?.replaceAll('<.*?>','').replaceAll('\\n','').replaceAll('\\r','').replaceAll('[^ -~À-ÿ]+','').replaceAll(new String('XFw='.decodeBase64()),new String('XFxcXA=='.decodeBase64()))}

Also you check in forums as this was addressed already in the below forums as well.

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/passing-the-comments-and-justifications-as-an-attr...

Thanks

Darshan

Hi @Darshanjain 

This is working fine but if there no comments added in the request then it is giving discription as create ticket json itself.

Please help to add If there is comments it should give null value.

timchengappa
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @ShyamSrisailam @yamuna 

Can you please try the below variable and let me know if can fetch the 'request' comments?

${arsTasks?.requestKey?.comments}

Thank you