Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Owner attribute in PENDING TASKS

Sanket
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi All,

Can someone tell me why the OWNER attribute is having value as "admin" everytime in PENDING TASKS?

Sanket_1-1670224033257.png

Can it not be changed or vary according to some configurations?

If yes, then how?

Thanks!

Sanket Bhandhari

11 REPLIES 11

jayasudha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi,

In the end point, Under endpoint details please choose the "owner type" and "owner".

jayasudha_0-1670239440357.png

Thanks,

Jayasudha R

Sanket
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Jayasudha,

Thanks for replying and suggesting a solution for this, but even after choosing owner and owner type under Endpoint, it is still showing as "admin" only.

Thanks!

Sanket Bhandhari

Owner is default admin. Whenever any tasks are created if owner is not specified at endpoint level then default owner - admin will be mapped.

if owner is updated under endpoint then next tasks onwards owners will Be changed. Existing tasks owners needs to manually changed from pending tasks - action - change owner

I am assuming you are expecting to change owner of existing tasks

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi Rushikesh,

I am not concerned about the tasks which are already been generated as those will be having admin by default.

But for the new tasks as well, it is showing admin though owner has been there at endpoint level.

Thanks!

Sanket Bhandhari

jayasudha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi,

I assume you ran the microservice sync job after changing the endpoint owner attribute.. And as Rushikesh mentioned, are you trying to change the owner of the already existing task? This will work only for the upcoming tasks.. For already existing task you need to change the owners manually.

Thanks,

Jayasudha R

Sanket
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Jayasudha,

I have not ran microservices change because whatever changes will be made at endpoint level, those will be effective after half an hour as per pop-up windows which appears during update.

And i have updated owner of the endpoint in the afternoon (3-4 hrs ago), so ideally those updates should have been picked up.

Thanks!

Sanket Bhandhari

For Existing tasks you need change one time.

For new Tasks - set owner on endpoint level and run microservice job

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi Rushikesh,

I have owner already in place at endpoint level, but for new tasks it is still showing admin as owner.

Thanks!

Sanket Bhandhari

Run Microservice Job

Please share owner screenshot from endpoint page

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Snippet of owner at endpoint level

Sanket_0-1670295507699.png

Thanks!

Sanket Bhandhari

Sanket
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Rushikesh,

Now it is getting reflected for tasks.

Thanks for your constant replies upon this.

Thanks!

Sanket Bhandhari