Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Organization - Sent for Approval | Owner cannot approve

VicyB
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

We created an Organization Modification Workflow, configured the settings in the Global Configurations and finally created a new organization. After an update, the newest version was sent for approval.

Unfortunetely, the owner did not receive any approval request (Pending Approvals: 0) and the organization is "stuck" in the approval stage. 

New updates to the organization are not possible, as there are former changes which first need to be approved. 

This is our Organization Modification Workflow:

VicyB_0-1677227517492.png

Thank you for your help.

4 REPLIES 4

sk
All-Star
All-Star

Approval is stuck with whom?

Was this WF ever worked? I personally didn't work on organization WF So I doubt if Resource owner block (I know it works for Endpoint owner) can be used for pulling organization owner. 

Also do you have owner assigned on respective organization?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

VicyB
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

The approval request for approving the modifications for Version 1 has not been created - nobody received the approval request.

amiconsult-SentForApproval.PNG

The owner is assigned and has not received the approval request either. 
Saviynt Support also told us that they can't see the creation of the request in the system logs, either.

Apart from the "Task: Resource Owner Approval", no task seems to be a better fit for the organizations, see: https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v2022x/page/Content/Chapter12-Workflows/Workflow-Comp... 

Regarding the question whether this workflow ever worked: The approval request for organization creation worked fine.

Now, that there were some changes made (->Version 1), the changes cannot be approved via approval request.

Thank you for your help!

You may need to use TASK: Custom Assignment block and build a logic to pull organization owner to assign the approval to respective owner. I don't think Resource Owner block will work for your use case

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

VicyB
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hey Saathvik,

you are correct - We switched to "Task: Custom Assignment" and selected "ProposedOwner" in the select user field. Now the workflow and approval is working fine.

Thanks a lot!