Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Number of tries for provisioning - 0

NB
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Can someone please tell me what happens if i leave "Number of tries for provisioning" as blank .Will it keep trying forever ? 

10 REPLIES 10

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Default Number of tries for provisioning is 10

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

NB
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

So what happens once it reaches the count . I see 6 month old tasks updated today

Tasks will go to Error State & you need manually change status to reprocess task

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

avinashchhetri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Once the Provisioning count reaches it max limit, the task is no longer "active" and is moved to a different state. If Im not mistaken the status code is 8.

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri

NB
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

If Number of tries for provisioning is blank . what is the expected behavior ?

The default value is 10.

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri

NB
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

So looks like ideally it should have been discontinued  but we are seeing tasks open for 6 months despite having number of retries blank i.e after 10 . 

Well, you can try and run the following query in Data Analyzer for such tasks and see what it returns.

Select ars.TASKKEY,ars.TASKTYPE,ars.STATUS,ars.PROVISIONINGTRIES,ars.PROVISIONINGCOMMENTS,ars.STARTDATE,ars.ENDDATE,ars.UPDATEDATE from arstasks ars
where ars.TASKKEY in (XYZ);

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri

NB
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks Avinash . I ran this query and noticed Prov Tries is blank . I have added screenshot below . I can understand blank values when start and enddates are same (1st screenshot) it did not process the task. But why would i have blank retries value if the task is processed and task update date is updated .Any idea ?

NB_0-1651674528078.png

NB_1-1651674728526.png

Your start date for entitlement must be past while your job got executed 

validate below

1.  Job is scheduled (EnterpriseRoleManagementJob) with proper frequency
  2. From Backlog time tasks are getting picked from Global Configuration(Tasks --> Create Tasks is start date is less than)

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak