We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Notification is not getting triggered after completion of tasks global configuration

geet14
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Team,

Use Case : Triggered the notification after completion of tasks.

Implementation : I have configured notification in global configuration but after completion of tasks , notification is not getting triggered.

Note :  I have used same template for other applications and it's working.

Screen shot of global configuration:

geet14_0-1701052686411.png

Testing steps:

1. Submitted a request.

2. After approvals , tasks are created and ran the prov job and task got completed successfully.

3. Ran email history job. But notification is not triggered.

is any configuration is missing?

Thanks

Geeta

5 REPLIES 5

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • How tasks are getting completed ? 
  • Is it connected /Disconnected Application ?
  • Does email template have dynamic variables used ? what are those ? 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi,

Tasks are getting completed by provisioning job.

As of now I checked for connected applications but it will be for both connected and disconnected.

These are the dynamic variables are used in email content:

${user.firstname} ${user.lastname}

${requestid}

${endpoint.displayName}

Thanks

Geeta

@geet14  try with below variables

RequestID: ${requestid}

Request Type: ${requesttype}

Account name: ${task.accountName}

Endpoint name: ${task.endpoint.endpointname}

${endpointDisplayName}
${user.firstname} ${user.lastname}

Add the following into an Email Template for debugging purposes:

${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "<" + "br" + ">"}}

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v23x/page/Content/Chapter06-EIC-Configurations/Creati...

Regards,
Sumathi Somala
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos.

Hi,

Email template is working. I have attach same email template in workflow and it's worked. But , issue is not getting triggered after completion of tasks and that's configuration is at the global level configuration. I have attached global configuration screen shot in my 1st comment.

Thanks

@geet14 : Variables for Workflow email templates and task email templates will vary. In your case issue is with endpoint variable: endpoint.displayName 

This variable will only work for Workflow emails but for task completion emails you need to use endpointDisplayName for displayname of endpoint or ${task.endpoint.endpointname} for name of the endpoint.

For details refer Creating-and-Managing-Email-Templates 

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.