Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Not able to delete roles assigned from birthright rule.

RMohanty
New Contributor
New Contributor

We have a scenario where we need to delete the roles assigned from birthright rule.

But no task is getting generated for the same.

Using the below user update rule triggers when the user is updated from import we are not able to achieve that task.

RMohanty_0-1677502903855.png

Technical Rule:

RMohanty_1-1677502970561.png

But it is working with trigger when user is update from UI, but out requirement is - it should be triggered if user is update from import.

If I use the DEPROVISION ROLES option in Action it works (trigger when user is updated from import), please find the below screenshot: - but here i need to specify the particular enterprise role.

RMohanty_2-1677503177667.png

Is there any way I can DELETE roles which are assigned through birthright rule?

Thank You

5 REPLIES 5

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

If you select the option "Remove Birthright Access if condition fails" in the Technical Rule from which the Birthright access was assigned, it will remove the Access when the condition changes.

sahil_0-1677520677217.png

Regards,
Sahil

RMohanty
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank You @SB  for replying,

Yes, I have selected the above-mentioned options in technical rule, still it is not creating any task for removing the role.

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

And was the access assigned to the user with this same Rule?

Can you run the job for 1 user and check for the logs if it is triggering the action for remove birthright access.

Regards,
Sahil

KB99
New Contributor
New Contributor

Mohanty we are also in the same situation were the roles not got removed assigned from birthright.

Please let us know if this got fixed and what change should be done

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@RMohanty  @KB99 Can you run the below query in Data Analyzer and check for the rule key value, to see if the access was assigned from the same Rule or a different one.

select ASSIGNEDFROMRULE from account_entitlements1 where ENTITLEMENT_VALUEKEY='' and ACCOUNTKEY=''

Regards,
Sahil