Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Need to convert UTC to EST time in SQL Query

Gopi
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi all,

In this query hear I need to convert the CURRENT_TIMESTAMP UTC time to EST time while inserting the record into the table. Can someone suggest how I can achieve this?

{"memberOf":["INSERT INTO PS_EAP_SUB_IN (EMPLID, OPRID, ROLENAME, EAP_TRANSACTIONID, EAP_ACTION, EAP_STATE, EAP_RETURN_VAL, LASTUPDDTTM) VALUES ('${user.employeeid}', UPPER('${user.systemUserName}'), '${task.entitlement_valueKey.entitlement_value}', (SELECT MAX(EAP_TRANSACTIONID) + 1 FROM PS_EAP_SUB_IN), 'I', 'A', ' ', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP)"]}

Regards,

Gopi.

4 REPLIES 4

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @Gopi

You can use,
CONVERT_TZ(current_timestamp,'+00:00','-04:00').

and if you want to format the date you may use:
DATE_FORMAT(CONVERT_TZ(current_timestamp,'+00:00','-04:00'),'%Y-%m-%d %H:%i:%s')

PFA

sudeshjaiswal_0-1685698380304.png

Thanks,

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as "Accept As Solution".

Gopi
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @sudeshjaiswal ,

Thanks for your response. The syntax which you suggested looks like MYSQL syntax is not working it says invalid identifier error and I'm inserting this into Oracle Database maybe that's why it's not accepting. 

Regards,

Gopi.

Have you tried below?

CAST(FROM_TZ(CAST(DATE_FIELD AS TIMESTAMP), 'UTC') 
at time zone 'America/New_York' AS Date) as DESIRED_FIELD_NAME

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Please refer https://community.oracle.com/customerconnect/discussion/614383/converting-utc-to-est-time-zone-in-lo...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.