Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Need manager dynamic attribute for email template when user employee type changes

Swetha
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi All,

Requirement is when the employee type changes for user, email should be triggered to their manager

In TO field I tried to keep below dynamic variables which is not working.

${manager?.firstname} ${manager?.lastname}

${manager?.email}

${manager.email}

${usersManager?.username}

${manager.firstname} ${manager.lastname}

${manager}

Could anyone suggest me on this please.

Regards,

Swetha

9 REPLIES 9

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @Swetha 

Can you try below?

${manageremail}

Obtains the email ID of the user’s manager.

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

Swetha
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Devang,

Thanks for your response, I tried with above and email triggered . However we see that To field is null please find the below screen shot for reference.

Swetha_0-1682003765928.png

Regards,

Swetha

Do you mean the issue of binding variable is fixed post making above changes? Now the email is getting triggered to the manager but to field is null? Can you confirm on this point?

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

Swetha
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Devang,

yes after adding this ${manageremail} variable in TO field of the template email triggered , However unable to notice since TO field is null  it has not print any value

I would suggest try to add same binding variable in the cc field and check if you are able to see.

If you are able to see the email id in cc field then it could be something related to SMTP (not sure but could be possible)

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi

Swetha
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I also checked manager is active and has email address.

You can find all exposed variables using below script in email body

${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "<" + "br" + ">"}}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

@rushikeshvartak thanks , I tried to use this above binding variable and see what all variables are exposed in email , then found that manager has set delegate and delegate has no email associated.

@Devang : thanks ${manager.email} worked to obtain manager's email

Thanks both for your valuable time for assisting me on this.

Glad to know that the issue is resolved 🙂

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi