Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Need a way to get user update details for reporting

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on March 10 2022 at 21:23 UTC

I am trying to make an analytic that finds users with backdated terminations, i.e. users terminated prior to the termination process in Saviynt which can be found in user update history. I have found that the usershistory table has an encrypted longblob for changelog and this has created a dead end for me when trying to figure out how I can create this analytic. Is there a way to parse this longblob to find, in my case, when the user was terminated, or is there another way to get that update history for this reporting purpose?

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
7 REPLIES 7

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on March 11 2022 at 08:02 UTC

Hi Nick Meyer,

Greetings. Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please confirm us the application version where you are looking to have this ability?

Thanks and regards,

Jayasudha R

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on March 11 2022 at 16:40 UTC

Hi Jayasudha R, 

I am using Saviynt v5.5 SP3.9.

Thank you,

Nick

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on March 21 2022 at 18:38 UTC

Hi Jayasudha R, 

Is there any update on this?

Best Regards,

Nick

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on March 22 2022 at 16:51 UTC

Hi Nick,

Greetings. As of now there is no out of the box solution available for the above requirement. Kindly reach out to us in case of any queries. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Jayasudha R

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on March 22 2022 at 16:55 UTC

Hi Jayasudha,

Thank you for the response. Are there any pre built queries that could get the same functionality. I basically just need a way to report when a user was terminated in saviynt.

Thank you,

Nick

Query to view users terminated last one month (Update highlighted part to change frequency)

select u.username as 'USERID', u.FIRSTNAME as 'GivenName', u.LASTNAME as 'Surname', u.ORGUNITID as 'OrgID', u.COMPANYNAME as 'OrgName', u1.username as 'ReportingMgr', date_format(u.TERMDATE ,'%m-%d-%Y %T') 'Termination Date',case when u.statuskey is null then 'Not Available' when u.statuskey = 0 then 'Inactive' else u1.statuskey end 'User Status' from users u join users u1 on u1.userkey= u.manager where u.TERMDATE > (CURRENT_DATE- INTERVAL 1 MONTH) and u.statuskey =0

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

SagarSarkar
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi Nick,

You could use the users table 'termdate' field, this is where the termination date for the user should be recorded.

TERMDATE

termDate

datetime

Specifies the date when the user will be terminated from employment in EIC.

This date needs to be populated by either the User Import or through request it gets updated when a user is terminated.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks.