Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Need a way to automate organization data upload

rameshm
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello Experts,

We have written a customJar to upload the organizations, unfortunately the client's application isn't exposing any API which can be utilised to fully automate the process. We would be getting CSV file dumps as part of the client's application export.

Need suggestions from your end about the possible options we have to read the file from the customJar, the intention is to automate the whole process as much as possible.

Thanks in advance,

Ramesh

6 REPLIES 6

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @rameshm ,

We have an option to upload organizations using file based imports. Please refer to below documentation link which gives information on the use case you've asked for.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v23x/page/Content/Chapter02-Identity-Repository/Uploa...

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

rameshm
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Pruthvi,

Thanks for the response, I am aware of this approach however, I am looking for something where I don't need to upload the file manually and it can be read from some sftp location (external/within saviynt), to make the process fully automated.

rameshm
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

To be precise, is there any way to read the Organization data file from the customJar? The same customJar which will be there in Saviynt and it uses the Saviynt API to create the organization.

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@rameshm ,

Please check this documentation on SFTP file transfer integration with EIC. Validate if this would help you in transferring the organization data file to EIC.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/SFTP-Certified-v23x/page/Content/Configuring-the-Integration-fo...

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

rameshm
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks Pruthvi for the link, Looks like this could be helpful in our case.

I actually given it a try but when created new connection type, I couldn't see the attribute Enhanced Connector Framework which needs to be marked 'True'. I am on Saviynt v23.1, Shall I contact the operations team for this or am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Ramesh

Hi @rameshm , before you reach out to the ops team, please check if you've emabled connector microservices. If you're facing issue even after doing that, then please raise a FD ticket for the same.

Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 12.42.40 PM.png

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi