We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Multiple OUs to import AD account

Ankyt19
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Team,

Can we use 2 OUs in search filter to import accounts from ?We have 2 OUs one for active accounts and another for inactive ( inactive accounts is a part of root DN in AD ) but we cant use root DN as other OUs are not required to be part and they belong to other connection import .

Example: ABC.XYZ.com is AD 

We need OU=activeusers,DC=ABC,DC=XYZ,DC=COM and also OU=inactiveusers,DC=ABC,DC=XYZ,DC=COM accounts to be imported to same endpoints/connection .

Please let me know if any possibility or workaround with syntax ?

@JSON @rushikeshvartak  #JSON #Endpoint #Saviynt #SSM  #activeDirectory 

@avinashchhetri  @ashisht @Neeharika  @Harish_Yara @VikramIngale 

Thank you

Ankit

9 REPLIES 9

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Use Advance_filter_json

{"AdvanceFilter":{ "OU=Administration,DC=saviynt,DC=net": [ "(objectClass=*)" ], "OU=Admin,DC=CORP,DC=saviynt,DC=net": [ "(objectClass=*)" ] }}

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000615764-active-directory-ad-connector-g...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Thanks

I checked that only in AD connector guide as well

Ankyt19_0-1663248246119.png

Will try .

Also any idea how we can differentiate/custom correlation rule ?

Like a a part of OU , we dont have to correlate ?  Based on certain attribute in AD ? or we can give name of OU?

Like: OU=Ankit has 2 10 sub OUs , and out of that I dont want to have one of the OUs to be correlated as account 

You can exclude particular OU using advance_config_json. 

For Correlation - You can use advanced query (case when .. then) under endpoint & write your logic if DN contains OU=SubOU then wrong correlation  user.username=accounts.customproperty50.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Syntax to exclude OU using advance_config_json?

@rushikeshvartak 

How many distinct OU u have

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

I want to exclude 2 OUs and also 2 OUs I want to include 

Specifying all ou you want in filter

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Ankyt19
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

If I want to exclude users while correlating account can we put certain attribute not equal to?

{
"AdvanceFilter": {
"OU=ankyt,DC=abc,DC=xyz,DC=com":
["(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user){co!=India})"],
"OU=rushikesh,DC=abc,DC=xyz,DC=com":
["(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(co!=India)"]
}

}

co!= India i have added is that right method ? or can we have any particluar syntax you might have tried ?

Thanks

Ankit

!co=India

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak