Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Map old user account to new user account

RMohanty
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Experts  and @rushikeshvartak 

we have a scenario where after 14 days if a user ex - A123 is rehire it should enable the accounts which was previously there for the same user.
But for one of the application ex - XYZ after 14 days the account will be in deleted form saying A123_Deleted  which wont allow to create new account for A123.(If we use UserUpdateRule - Enable account it wont work over here)
Problem is my earlier account xyz is mapped with my old ID. I am not going to enable my old ID. Now the new ID which is coming after 14 days (rehire)should be treated as new ID.
Since I have account with old user entry that account should mapped to my new user entry and that account should be enabled.

Any suggestion on this is appreciable.

Thank You,

Richi

5 REPLIES 5

sk
All-Star
All-Star

Sorry your query is not clear. Are you asking how to map an account from old user identity to new user identity?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

RMohanty
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank You @sk for your respond,

Yes correct! Old account should map to new user.

The old user has username as A123_Deleted where new entry that came in is A123(User).

Now I want the account from A123_Deleted  to associated with new user A123 and also that should be enable.

Thank You

Hi @RMohanty 

Why do you want to map the old deleted account from old user to map to new user. ( Its not a valid usecase). you can just create a new account by user update rules or via ARS 

Thanks

Darshan

Hi @Darshanjain ,

This use case is for rehire after x number of days ,the new user coming in is actually an old user but as per business logic it will be created as a new fresh user entry.

The user will get new accounts for some basic applications like AD and LDAP because the old account would have been deleted on those applications, but there are few inhouse application where accounts never get deleted they will be only deactivated on user's terminations. Hence in a rehire case those old accounts need to be mapped to this new user entry.

Thank You,

Richi

Okay Understood, But unfortunately we dont have a direct way to get this updated. You can try out the below options

1. Identify those accounts and make the changes from UI to map to those users

2. You can update the user_accounts table from customquery job for bulk users.

3. If you want to make it automatic way, then you should be able to write a sql query which matches the condition and then update the user_accounts table based on that and run it frequently.

Thanks

Darshan