Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

make Account Name in the request "Manage Service Account" not editable

AS
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi @ all!

version is: 2021.0

I want to make the field "Account Name" not editable for users in the  "Manage Service Accounts" request. The "Account Name" field is generated; it's no need to change it manually. And it shall be prohibited.

After I investigated all (imho) configuration possibilities, I'm on the way, that could be something in the .gsp part of Saviynt. Is it like that?!

In the accounts/create.gsp file, in sections like "<g:message code="Createacccount.title" editable="true"/>"

But what would a change here trigger, for other processes, views, menus, etc.., in the use?!

Has someone maybe an advise, where I can only for the "Manage Service Account" request prevent manually change of the account name  ?! 

Best Regards and Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Miguel
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello!  Thank you for your question!   We are investigating an answer. Someone will get back to you soon!

Thanks, Miguel

AS
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Thanks a lot.

A grey out option is essential for us to use this service account request concerning security and governance policies. 
Requester shouldn't  be able to change generated ID's.

Thanks a lot!
Alex 

Alex
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Ist there any update on this topic? We are facing the same issues and security concerns.

Currently making account name read only is not supported and changing gsp is not proposed/ best practices hence raise idea ticket with saviynt.

https://ideas.saviynt.com/

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.