We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Listing all information in one analytic email without modifying global config

SuetYie
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi all, 

I'm currently working on an analytic email where admin account will be receiving a list of failed tasks for a specific endpoint in an email. The analytic is working fine, but the email will work only if the 'Group emails by username' under Global Configurations - Analytics is checked. Would not want this checkbox to be checked as it will affect other emails as well. 

SuetYie_1-1684391201019.png

If the checkbox is not checked, email will not be sent out and the below error occurs: 

SuetYie_2-1684391286880.png

It says no such property for 'Tasks', but since it's working fine when the checkbox is checked, I believe there should be no problem fetching the data from analytic to email, but now the exact same code is not working if I uncheck the box.

Does anyone know how can I list all the failed tasks in one email (without having the 'Group emails by username' checkbox checked) instead of sending out one email for each of the tasks? 

Please find below the table configured in email template: 

<table>
  <tr>
    <th>Task ID</th>
    <th>Username</th>
    <th>Error</th>
  </tr>
  <%int count=Integer.parseInt("${ANALYTICSDATA.Tasks.size()}"); for(int i=0;i<count;i=i+1){%>
  <tr>
    <td>${ANALYTICSDATAMAP.'Tasks'[i]}</td>
    <td>${ANALYTICSDATAMAP.'CompanyUsername'[i]}</td>
    <td>${ANALYTICSDATAMAP.'LatestError'[i]}</td>
  </tr><%}%>
</table>

Thanks and regards, 

Suet Yie 

6 REPLIES 6

nimitdave
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Please share the analytics query used here also.

nimitdave
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

In your analytics query if you use username and email columns of the users to whom the emails needs to be sent the it will be sent without checking the config you mentioned.

In the email template you should use ${userEmail} as To field value.

nimitdave
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

sample query:

select a.TASKKEY as 'Tasks',a.ACCOUNTNAME as 'CompanyUsername' ,a.PROVISIONINGCOMMENTS as 'LatestError',
'abc@xyz.com' as 'email','abcd' as 'username'
from arstasks a ;

SuetYie
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi @nimitdave

Thanks for the reply. This is my current approach and it's not working. The error log attached is what I got when running this query, here's my query:

Select a.TASKKEY as 'Tasks', a.taskdate as 'TaskDate', u.SYSTEMUSERNAME as 'CompanyUsername', a.ACCOUNTNAME as 'ApplicationAccount', a.accountkey as acctKey, e.endpointname as 'Endpoint', ev.entitlement_value as 'EntitlementValue', a.comments as 'TaskComments', a.source as 'Source', 'qwer' as 'username', 'qwer@xyz.com' as email,

Regards, 

Suet Yie 

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Store application owner as Resource owner or endpoint certifier and pull that owner name as username column that should resolve your issue

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @rushikeshvartak

Thanks for the reply, may I know is there any sample query on this? 

I've stored the application owner as resource owner and stated the owner name as username column on analytic query but still getting the same error, 'No such property: Tasks'. 

Regards, 

Suet Yie