Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Limit the rows returned by an analytic

tmschiller
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I'm trying to create an analytic that will create update account tasks, but I need to be able to control the number of rows returned. I've tried the following, which works in the analyzer, but fails when creating the actual analytic with the error "Resultset Must Have column acctKey for allowed actions Update Account", which it obviously has. Now when I remove the "Limit 0, 100", I am able to save the analytic, but I lose the whole functionality I was intending.

Select
ACCOUNTKEY AS acctKey,
NAME,
DESCRIPTION
from
ACCOUNTS
Where
ENDPOINTKEY IN (4,5,6)
AND DESCRIPTION NOT LIKE '%SSM%'
AND STATUS = 1
ORDER BY NAME
Limit 0, 100

9 REPLIES 9

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

try online with limit

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @tmschiller ,

Greetings.

I'm able to create analytics with same query but on 23.4 version. Can you please share the version you're trying it in. 

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

tmschiller
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

tmschiller_0-1683224049507.png

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

This works in Saviynt 5.5 version also. You can give below also a try

Select
ACCOUNTKEY AS acctKey,
NAME,
DESCRIPTION
from
ACCOUNTS
Where
ENDPOINTKEY IN (4,5,6)
AND DESCRIPTION NOT LIKE '%SSM%'
AND STATUS = 1
ORDER BY NAME
Limit 100

•  

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

tmschiller
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Nope, same error

tmschiller_0-1683231909747.png

Do you have this config?

dgandhi_0-1683232460223.png

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

tmschiller
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Of course I do, not that it would impact saving/running the analytic if it wasn't there since "acctKey" would just be a column alias.

Ok, the same config works in my environment which is also on 5.5. Its better to open a Saviynt FD ticket and get this fixed.

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi

@tmschiller , I have tried in 5.5sp3.x version as well and I'm able to create the analytics using the same query as yours. Kindly raise a FD ticket with all the details so one of our support engineers can take a look at it.

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi