Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Launch Two Role Owner Certification (Accounts & Entitlements) to Different Certifiers of Same Role

kfoley
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi - is it possible to launch two different Role Owner certifications for the same role to different people, one to review Users and the second to review Entitlements for the same role?

Use Case: Business role owner to review only the users assigned to the role and IT role owner to review only the entitlements that make up the role. 

How can we configure primary/secondary certifier and launch the two different certifications without having to change the primary certifier manually between launches?

6 REPLIES 6

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

If secondary certifier is same then in certifier configuration you can select certifier using query or list

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

kfoley
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Certifications needs to be independent of each other - the role owner cert1 - account certification needs to go to reviewer1 and role owner cert2 - entitlements certification needs to go to reviewer2, in this scenario reviewer1 should not get/see cert2 and vice versa. 

If we set the reviewer2 as the secondary certifier - can they submit and lock the campaign without input from primary certifier? If so what query can be used for only send the certification to the secondary certifier?

Try below

You can create 2 certification

1. RO1 - Accounts only standard Configuration

2. RO2 - Entitlements only - in Certifier query add secondary certifier {considering same for all roles}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

kfoley
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

what query can be used to select secondary certifier?

Username ='xyz'

As specified earlier considering secondary certifier same for all roles. 

Or you need to create certifier per secondary certifier. As you can't assign to secondary certifier like user manager certification give facility to decide on attributes manager or secondary manager

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

kfoley
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Rushikesh - I am attempting to configure a role owner certification as you noted above. 

For a role - there is a primary (aejah) and secondary (brad) certifier assigned as role owners. I launch a Role Owner Certification for the app with with Approval Type set as 'Entitlement' and then for 'Select Certifier', I select 'Select Certifier from List' and then select brad (the secondary certifier) and launch campaign. When I launch it shows up at completed without any campaign created. Can you please help in troubleshooting?