Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Issues while configuring Actionable Emails

Nidhins27
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,

I want to configure actionable emails.  Currently I have this in place for outbox mail settings. What fields are mandatory if someone can advise please?

Nidhins27_0-1675781265778.png

Also, I am referring this article: Configuring Actionable Emails for Request Approvals : Customer Portal (freshdesk.com)

can someone please explain me the below text in bold. What should be it in my scenario?

href="mailto:saviynt_support@saviynt.com?subject=ARS_${request.id}APPROVED${request.uuid}" target="blank" rel="noopener">Approve</a>

Thanks

Nidhi

2 REPLIES 2

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

I appreciate you reaching out to the Saviynt forums.

For a detailed description of how to configure outbox mail settings, please refer to the steps below. Additionally, I am attaching the snapshot for your reference.

#Configuring the Incoming Email Server

Configure the incoming mail settings primarily to receive actionable emails from users who have already taken action. After you configure the incoming mail server, run IncomingMailARSJob from Job Control Panel (Admin > Job Control Panel) to process and read actionable emails and take necessary actions based on approval or rejections done by users using emails.

1) Configuring the Incoming Email Server Using Basic Authentication

To set up the incoming email server settings, perform the following steps:

1. Go to ADMIN > Settings.

2. Click SMTP Configuration.
    The Email Server Settings page is displayed.

3. Click the Receive Email tab, and then select Basic as the Authentication Type.

4. Enter the following parameters to configure the incoming email server:

5. Provide the following parameter values for receiving the emails as per the email service client you are using.

Parameter Description

Type of out Box

Select either POP3 or IMAP as the type of out box for receiving email.

Server Address

Enter the server address for receiving the actionable email, for which actions are taken using Email.

Folder Name

Specify the folder name where you want to receive the actionable emails.

Message Starts with

This is used to filter and process only those emails, which are starting with the specified word in the subject line.

For example, if you specify ARS as Message Start With, it will only filter and process the actionable emails starting with the subject line ARS.

User Name

Specify the username of the email account for receiving the emails.

Password

Specify the password of the email account for receiving the emails.

Port Number

Specify the port number for receiving the email.

Process Emails received in the last X hours

Specify the interval when you want to process the emails since last <specified hours> duration.

Email Body Delimiter

Specify the delimiter for the approval or rejection comments in the body of the email.

For example, --Read Until Here--

Delete Email After Processing

Select the check box to delete the emails after processing.

6. Click Save. Sanpshot:-

DixshantValecha_0-1675789922864.png

2)Configuring the Incoming Email Server Using OAuth

To set up the Outbox mail settings using OAuth, perform the following steps:

Note

Currently, only Microsoft Outlook is supported with OAuth authentication.

1. Register your application with Azure Active Directory and obtain a Client Id and Client Secret. For obtaining Client Id and Client Secret, see the instructions from Quickstart: Register an application with the Microsoft identity platform.

2. Go to ADMIN > Settings > SMTP Configuration.

The Email Server Settings page is displayed.

3. Click the Receive Email tab, and then select OAuth as Authentication Type.

4. Enter the following parameters to configure the incoming email server:

Parameter Description

Client ID

Specify the Client ID of the registered Microsoft Azure application.

Client Secret

Specify the application secret that you created in the Azure portal for your application.

Tenant ID

Specify the Tenant ID.

User ID

Specify the Microsoft Office 365 user ID that you use for sending or receiving mails.

Message Starts With

This is used to filter and process only those emails, which are starting with the specified word in the subject line.

For example, if you specify ARS as Message Start With, it will only filter and process the actionable emails starting with the subject line ARS.

Folder Name

Specify the folder name where you want to receive the actionable emails.

Delete Email After Processing

Select the check box to delete the emails after processing.

Process Emails Received In Last X Hours

Specify the interval when you want to process the emails since last <specified hours> duration.

5. Click Save to save the connection.

3) Regarding your second question, the text in bold  "href="mailto:saviynt_support@saviynt.com?subject=ARS_${request.id}APPROVED${request.uuid}" target="blank" rel="noopener">Approve</a>" Replace this with the DL / email address of the team that supports the Saviynt application. I have attached the HTML template for your reference.

DixshantValecha_0-1675797806353.png

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

It should be mailbox email where emails will be stored and processed.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.