Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Issue with Invitation based user onboarding

Sheba
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am getting error (null pointer exception) when I try to create a user via request user tile in home page. below are the steps I followed to set up invitation based user onboarding.

1. created a workflow and added invite Action block also created a dynamic attributes in Register user form in global configs

2. Created an email template and attached it to the above workflow
3. attached the workflow in global configuration --> identity life cycle --> user modification workflow

the same issue i am facing as per this forum link https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/general-discussions/issue-with-invitation-based-user-onboarding/m-p/25...

can any one help me on this please.

Thanks,

sheba

4 REPLIES 4

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Sheba 

can you attach the workflow or a snippet of the workflow and email template, it looks like some value is being passed as null.

Thanks

Darshan

Sheba
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Darshan,

Thank you for your reply!

Please find the attached screenshot of my workflow

Sheba_0-1679404117613.png

in the if else block i am referring a dynamic attribute 'guest' which I created in the request form

Thanks,

Sharan

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

Can you readjust the WF as sample

Manu269_0-1679546659570.png

You must create a workflow and add the Invite activity to it. This activity manages the invitation to a guest user. It generates a secure URL for the end-user registration form (invitation form) and sends out an invitation email containing the URL.

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Sheba 

Instead of guest use the user column which you are saving in the workflow , Also in the else give just to test it out you can assign a custom assignment and give a username to test it. ( In the if else block dont select it as groovy ).

Try this and you should be able to figure it out

Thanks

Darshan

Thanks

Darshan