Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Is it possible to rename a Saviynt Job

SBUK
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Some of our Job have been created with poor naming, making it hard to search/filter.

If i edit a job, the display name of the job is greyed out.

Is there a way to rename jobs without recreating?

5 REPLIES 5

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Thank you for reaching out to the Saviynt forums.

We kindly request that you provide additional details regarding your use case so that we can better assist you. Your cooperation in providing this information would be  appreciated.

SBUK
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

In the Job control panel - I need a way to rename the displayname of existing jobs.

saikanumuri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi Simon,

The only way to rename the job trigger at this point is to run the custom query job but please note this is not a standard approach and may run into issues if there are any other triggers with the same name. However, You can delete and recreate the trigger from UI with the new naming convention.

I would also recommend raising an idea in the ideas portal 
https://ideas.saviynt.com/

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

The feature is not available in EIC.

Also as per EIC standard practice, running custom query is not a best solution.

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

SBUK
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Is there a published reference somewhere that says "Also as per EIC standard practice, running custom query is not a best solution".

Anyone have the query required to rename?   Recreating jobs would seem a bit long winded.

Not supporting renames of job display names is also very strange...