Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Integrate CPI middle ware with SG connector

amer
New Contributor
New Contributor

Dear Team,

I would like to bring to your attention that our recent migration to version 23.1 involves the utilization of SAP SuccessFactors as our authorized source, for which we are in the process of building a REST connector. In light of a new requirement to update company DLs based on a code that will be fed from SG, the team has identified the need to leverage a CPI SAP middle connector to pass certain values to the existing employee.

In this regard, I would like to inquire about the feasibility of using the CPI middle connector to add additional attributes to an existing employee. Furthermore, I am curious to know if Saviynt possesses the capability to remove a certain AD group in case the condition fails, while retaining the remaining AD groups.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Best regards,

4 REPLIES 4

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @amer 

Saviynt do support CPI SAP, Please check the release note for the same

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/Release-Notes/page/Content/v2020.1/Release-Notes-v2020-0-0.htm.

Now on the use case of AD groups removal, if you would have configured them as birthright roles ( Under technical rule section there is an option to Remove Birthright Access if conditions fails ).So that should achieve the use case. Please check out the documentation for the same 

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/SSM-Admin-v55x/page/Content/Chapter05-Policies/Creating-Technic...

Hello @Darshanjain 

I am not seeing anything pointing to the CPI connector. can you point me to it 

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @amer 

Can you give some more inputs on my questions,

Are you updating the additional attributes to Successfactors and then trying to bring it t saviynt or You want to bring it directly from SAP CPI to saviynt.

If the data is updated in Successfactor for those fields, as we are using rest connector even those fields can be fetched, ( this is supported ),

But if there is any other case- please let us know the full exact details on how the data is updating and how it has to be updated to saviynt

Thanks

Darshan

Thanks

Darshan

Hello,

The original base ia Success factor connector which will bring the identity but the CPI connector to bring additional update values, such as specific updates that required some data logic before it flows.  
So as of example you need to add an update on top of the user for specific division or code and based on that we need to trigger separate Birthright rules.