Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Incremental import with REST connector

rajesh005
New Contributor
New Contributor

Can we have incremental or delta recon with REST connector, if so Can you guide me to the documentation

As I see in my client version I do not see any Incremental import in job control panel to do this. Job Type only says Full Import

rajesh005_0-1679603494733.png

8 REPLIES 8

ParitaSavla
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

As per documentation Incremental Imports are not supported. Please find the documentation link:

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/REST-v2021x/page/Content/REST-Integration-Overview.htm

There is an enhancement for Incremental user import for Rest Connector. You can create a similar enhancement request in ideas portal for account import using Rest Connector

https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/EIC-I-4108

rajesh005
New Contributor
New Contributor

@ParitaSavla Above idea ticket if for user incremental import. Is that same ticket also for accounts and entitlements incremental import

I do see that rest connector do not support account incremental import from your url https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/REST-v2021x/page/Content/REST-Integration-Overview.htm

rajesh005_0-1679664818345.png

ParitaSavla
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

In EIC, the accounts objects are imported through the application data import job and as per your screenshot to bring account objects in EIC is not supported through incremental import using Rest connector. 

So this needs to be raised in the ideas portal as an enhancement.

Hope it helps!!

Hemanath
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @rajesh005 ,

If API supports to get data based on the modified date then you can try with the date filter while making api call.

Thanks,

Hemanath J

rajesh005
New Contributor
New Contributor

@Hemanath Can you guide me through the documentation which has the examples to show the way what you are mentioning. I myself unable to find anything on incremental import.

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@rajesh005  Saviynt does not currently support incremental import with REST, as previously confirmed by @ParitaSavla. Looks like what @Hemanath suggested is to check if your target application supports the use of date filter with the url.

Though this might help you bring part of the data based on records updated today but will not be a true incremental import. An incremental import ideally works on comparing the Last job run date (saviynt) and the last update date field (target). 

Note: With the date filter in api, some of the data might be missed since it is not doing an actual compare of the Last job run date (saviynt) and the last update date field of user (target). 

Regards,
Sahil

AshishDas
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi Sahil,

We have a similar requirement. We have lastmodifieddate attribute on the target. Can we incorporate that in the rest url wherein the last modified date minus the currentdate is 2 hours?

Like users update sync works on target twice a day. Can we write something like lastUpdatedDate-currentdate(when the scheduled import job runs) equals 2 hours in the rest url?

So any users synced within the last 2 hours will be imported.

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

The incremental run is currently not supported for REST. 

Regards,
Sahil