Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Incremental Import feasibility with REST Connector in v2022

karamchand
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

We plan to use REST connector to import users from custom made Payroll/HR systems. Does it support incremental imports in v2022?

I see conflicting answers in the support documentation in https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000521736-rest-connector-guide.

The table under Supported Features says Incremental import is not supported for User Import. But further down it says the parameter maxUserUpdateDate was added.

I also want to know what is expected from source system to ensure incremental imports are possible into Saviynt.

3 REPLIES 3

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

As far as i know, Incremental Import is not supported by REST connector maxUserUpdateDate provides information from saviynt max(last) update date from users

Support for incremental user import using the maxUserUpdateDate binding variable in url. The maxUserUpdateDate binding variable is introduced in Release v5.5 SP2.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Below is what I could understand from the response. Please confirm if I understood you right.

1. Incremental user imports are not support with REST connector

2. maxUserUpdateDate is to be used when the users are fetched from Saviynt DB itself. Not from another source system.

yes

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.