Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

inactivateAccountsNotInFile - Is it required to run full import every time from AD ?

varunpuri
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,

In the Active Directory connection configurations, there is a STATUS_THRESHOLD_CONFIG attribute, within which there is - inactivateAccountsNotInFile sub attribute. 
I am performing some testing around import of accounts and accesses from Active Directory and thus, I am importing specifically 2-3 accounts in each run by specifying advanced filter.
The import is running properly and the imported AD accounts are also getting linked to the users in Saviynt.
In the first import run, I reconciled 3 accounts.
In the second import run, I kept the value of inactivateAccountsNotInFile to false, and only imported 2 out of the 3 accounts imported earlier - the remaining account which i did not import was marked as SUSPENDED_FROM_IMPORT.
In the third import run,  I kept the value of inactivateAccountsNotInFile to true, and only imported 1 out of the 3 accounts imported earlier - the remaining account which I did not import was marked as Inactive.

Does this mean that I'll have to run the full import from AD everytime else the delta accounts which do not get imported in the subsequent run will either be marked as Inactive or SUSPENDED_FROM_IMPORT ?

2 REPLIES 2

avinashchhetri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@varunpuri,

It depends on how you want the system to behave for accounts which are nor reconciled and it is triggered only for Full Imports.

Here's the documentaton which might help : https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/AD-v2021x/page/Content/Configuring-the-Integration-for-Importin...

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

If accounts are not coming from target system then account status will be marked as suspended from import service or inactive based on flag set. To hold status getting changed you have status threshold limit configuration 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.