Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Inability to update technical accounts via analytics

Ahmed
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello

We have an actionable analytics report which can be used to create update account tasks for service accounts. However, when creating a task via that analytic for a service account, the task is discontinued with message 'USERNAME admin is not associated with ACCOUNTNAME XXXXXXXX'.

If temporarily assigning the service account to the admin user, the task is provisioned correctly.

Is there a reason why service accounts can not be updated via analytics this way?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

sai_sp
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello,

Can you please confirm if the service account type is set in the endpoint configuration page?

You can find the config in Admin > Security Systems > Endpoint > Service Account Type - select the type of the service account and then try to create the task from analytics.

Ahmed
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello.

Yes, the service account type is configured in endpoint configuration.

sai_sp
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Thank you for the info. Saviynt requires a userkey for a task to be processed. When tasks are created for service accounts/ orphan accounts from any other source, the userkey is defaulted to admin's userkey. I have validated in the EIC versions and this seems to be the case. The task is getting mapped to the admin user when I create an update account task from an actionable analytic. If you are unable to see that, please work with your CSM to upgrade to the latest build.

Ahmed
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello.

So there is no way of updating service accounts via analytics without manually mapping and unmapping them to/from the admin account in version 5.5?

Thanks!

Solution in query hardcode 1 as userkey

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

sai_sp
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@rushikeshvartak that would still not work. I tried in the latest SP3 version. 

@Ahmed you can still try and validate if it works in your environment. You can use the following format

select a.name,a.accountkey as acctKey, endpointkey, 1 as userKey, 'UpdateAccount' as Default_Action_For_Analytics from accounts a where accountkey = XXXX

Ahmed
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Strangely enough for an endpoint using AD connector, the update account tasks triggered via analytics work just fine. Is this a limitation of the REST connector or any other reason why it wouldn't work the same for an endpoint using a REST connector?

Ahmed
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Any thoughts on my last comment?