Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Import Users From SFTP Hosted Flat File

jasonb
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I'm sure this question has been addressed before, but I'm having trouble accessing some of the legacy forum posts:

I know that you can import and update Users from a CSV file manually, including mapping headers to Saviynt User attributes.  Is there a way to create a scheduled job or a Connector that will fetch and import/update users from a CSV (or other flat file) from an SFTP storage location?

4 REPLIES 4

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hello, is this api no long available in v2021? we are preparing to use this api when upgraded to v2021 but I can't find that api in the url any longer.

jasonb
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @rushikeshvartak - Thanks for the quick response!  Just to make sure I understand:

• You need to write cron to move files from client location to saviynt data files
    Is moving a datafile from a client SFTP location something that can be performed by a Saviynt job/connector?  Or does it require a locally hosted JAR file as described in #1?
  • Build a custom JAR where you can pull the files
    Does Saviynt have any other sample code showing a custom JAR file?  The only one I see is the AS400 example.

For reference, I believe we are on the latest version of v2021.

You can use either API(JAR) or Cron (bash script). I am not sure if saviynt have Jar code

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.