Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

how to use modifyuserdata, Can anyone help me with understanding it better for userimports.

Saviynt_learner
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

want to use to modify user data section for some modification in user data while importing from ad. I couldn't find any information regarding it from   Freshdesk, can anyone help me with  Freshdesk link as well as some additional details to help me understand how new user table , temporary tables works.etc

7 REPLIES 7

naveenss
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @Saviynt_learner ,

The MODIFYUSERDATA json is used to compute any values before importing the identities into Saviynt. Please refer to the below document

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/REST-v23x/page/Content/Configuring-the-Integration-for-Importin...

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

Saviynt_learner
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Thank you for the response @naveenss .

understood to some extent, For example if i want to check if username is same as previous for an existing user, if not it should be updated as well as should mention username changed in any of the custom property . can you give some idea on what kind of query i should write. As we are doing import i'm little confused here.(preprocessor query i ant to know)

Saviynt_learner
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

so My concern is how can i compare new data and old data, while I need to make some changes based on any changes detected. Hope my condition is clear.

To compare the old values and new values, we need to refer to NEWUSERDATA table for the new data from the source. To check the old values you need to refer CURRENTUSERS (FYI, any table that you refer under the ADDITIONAL TABLES in the JSON you can refer it using the format CURRENT<tablename>) table in the inline preprocessor. 

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

Saviynt_learner
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

ok that's where i got confused [current<tablename>], thanks for mentioning it. would it be possible for you to explain how this data will be transferred to user table? if currentusers have naveen as username, then we are importing an updated one from AD (say naveenss), now where this name will be written, on newusertable? if yes Before preprocessing or after?? Am i missing something here, unable to think how it will work, if I get that clarity, i can write any basic queries for my tasks.

Hi @Saviynt_learner ,

Let me explain with an example.

Current username in Saviynt: naveenss

Updated username from source: naveenss1

Now in the inline pre-processor, first the updated value from source "naveenss1" will be stored in the NEWUSERDATA table. Once the pre-processing calculation is done, the value will be updated in the users table of Saviynt. During the pre-processor calculation, the currentusers table will have the value "naveenss" and the NEWUSERDATA table will have the value "naveenss1".

Let me know if this is clear now.

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur

Saviynt_learner
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Thank you so much for clearly explaining the things.