Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

How to upload DB USERIMPORT xml ?

prajakta
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi, 

I need to configure multiple USERIMPORT in SaviyntForSaviynt connection. How can multiple USERIMPORT DB XML's are uploaded on Server so that it will be listed in DB Import job configuration. as below

prajakta_1-1672996794486.png

Thanks,

Prajakta

5 REPLIES 5

Sivagami
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

As far as I know, we need to request Saviynt support to place the XML file in the backend. There is no way to upload from UI. This method is highly operational if you have to update the file logic frequently. 

Else, the other option is to create multiple SaviyntForSaviynt connection and have the XML logic placed in the User import json block of the DB connector.

-Siva

prajakta
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply. Is it recommended to create multiple SaviyntForSaviynt connections as Sav4Sav connection is auto created by enabling in global config.  

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Add below line in externalconfig.properties

job.ecm.dbimport.xml.path=/saviynt_shared/Import/xmlschemaforextranaldbimport

Also place xml on same location using saviynt Freshdesk ticket

Its always best practice to keep xml on UI @prajakta 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,  regarding Its always best practice to keep xml on UI .. Are you saying that xml's should be present on connection json ? i.e creating multiple Sav4Sav connections to configure user import per connection? Kindly request you to throw some light on the best practice. 

Thanks,

Prajakta

You can have multiple sav4sav connection as per your need and processing data purposes 

if you keep xml on server it will be time consuming process to upload xml on server and update ongoing change in quicker fashion

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.