Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

How to stop a dead job?

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello,

I have a job running for two days but nothing executed. it is dead and block running at next execution of scheduled hourly job.

How can stop it totally in order to run it at next scheduled time?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Ishan
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

You will have to Restart All Services from Admin > Admin Function > Application Restart to stop the job from running but this will also affect all your other jobs running so you might want to stop it when no other jobs are scheduled to run. 

Ishan Kamat
Technical Architect, Professional Services
SaviyntLogo.png

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thanks Ishan. I want to avoid restart. May I have custom query to remove the job record?

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @alc , unfortunately it's not a recommended approach to use custom query for it as it's not a standard solution. Restarting the services will be the helpful approach here.

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello Pruthvi,

I have restarted the server and the job is stopped. but it is stuck there again once I start the job. What is the possible cause for this? how to troubleshoot the issue? This is first time we have this issue to use this Jar connector for a target application.

Thanks

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@alc , please raise a FD ticket with all the appropriate details as a detailed analysis is required by checking the logs and configurations pertaining to the application and jobs.

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi