We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

How to set a custom attribute of account when using REST Connector to create or update an account?

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello

We are integrating an application with REST Connector, for account import, we have a mapping like this:

{

"customproperty1" : "targetAttribute1",

"customproperty2" : "targetAttribute2",

"customproperty3" : "targetAttrribute3",

"customproperty4" : "targetAttribute4"

}

For create/update account, we have defined dynamic attribute targetAttribute1, targetAttribute2 and targetAttribute3 to collect the their values from request account form. once submitted, we will calculate targetAttribute4 based on first 3 attribute values with a very complicated formula.

My question is how to set this calculated value of targetAttribute4 to customproperty4 in the connector JSON configuration at the time of create/update account task execution? Because we don't want to wait until next import job to bring targetAttribute4 back to customproperty4.

I can see the accountId can be mapped at time of creation. how can we do similar settings for other customproperties at provisioning time? It would be great if you can share some createAccountJSON or updateAccountJSON settings for this purpose.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

In dynamic attribute account column mention customproperty4 in that case value will be stored in cp4 of account.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello Rushikesh,

I can define dynamic attribute4 and map to customproperty4, However, it will be hidden because it need to be calculated other than input by requester.

The calculation can only happen when wsretry job process the account creation task so I need understand how to map it back to customproperty4 in CreateAccountJSON. Can you show me an example please?

Thanks

ALC

CP4 will be generated once end user submit request correct ? On basis of WSRETRY how are you calculating the value? 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello Rushikesh,

that is also my concern the customproperty have to be set before request submitted. CreateAccountJSON have no way to do the update, right? However, dynamic attributes have no scripting (like Javascript support) capability. all attribute change on the fly have to wait synchronized until next import.