We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

How to run job trigger via REST API Correctly?

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello,

I can execute a job manually via Saviynt Admin Console. but when I execute the same job via REST API, the API throw HTTP 500 error code with Internal Server Error but no detail / root cause message.

There is no log error message in Log Viewer either. How can I troubleshoot such issue?

See attached screenshot. I create a File based Account Import (SchemaAccountJob ) job named

MyApp_SchemaAccountImport_Job. The request body is as below, the values are confirmed which is same as the information when triggered from console:

{
    "jobgroup""DATA",
    "triggername""MyApp_SchemaAccountImport_Job",
    "jobname""SapImportJob"
}

And I got response:
 HTTP 500 Error
{
    "msg""Internal error occurred",
    "errorCode""1"
}

Please help me for this issue. I need this API to work correctly.
4 REPLIES 4

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

rushikeshvartak_0-1685407900604.png

1. triggername: MyApp_SchemaAccountImport_Job
  2. triggergroup: GRAILS_JOBS
  3. jobname:SchemaAccountJob
  4. jobgroup: Schema

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thank you very much for your help! Can you point me a document link where to learn these jobname, jobgroup information? I want to streamline job creation and jon running via REST API. but not sure how to create a job because I cannot figure out all required parameters and what it means etc. the example in REST API does not help because the example is so simple.

Thanks

I dont see all the information being present in the API Documentation.

But you can find this information in 2 ways,

From DB, check qrtz_triggers table where all the information about trigger_group, job_name and job_group will be available for all the jobs.

Another way , is from the developer tool on the browser , if there is a job present in the system , then run that job, and in developer tool during that time, all these details will be populated , like the API which was called to run the job , what is the payload that was passed.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Can you try with below and check?

Jobname= SchemaAccountJob -- if running account schema import

SchemaEntitmentJob -if running entitlement schema import 

SchemaUserImport- if running user schema import

Jobgroup= Schema 

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.