Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

How to remove entitlement if user is selecting different role.

Aniketk
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

We have an application with 2 dynamic attributes.

Each combination has 3+ roles. 

As per requirement user should have only one role as per combination. If they select second role within the same combination previous entitlement should be removed. Assigned roles should not be removed if the combination is different.

Kindly help to achieve this.

I have tried with Entitlement type - request options: Dropdown (Single) and Radio.

Both are removing the previous role, no matter if it`s associated with a different combination.

5 REPLIES 5

nimitdave
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Please elaborate your use case with some example for better understanding.

Aniketk
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

We have 2 Dynamic attribute

Values in Dynamic attribute 1 : A and B

Values in Dynamic attribute 2: (A + C) and (B+ D/E/F/G/H)

If user is selecting A+C User can have 1 role added.

If the user is selecting B+D new roles will be added. If the user again adds a new role from the same combination (B+D) previous roles should be removed. However, it should not remove roles under different combinations like from A+C or B+E/F/G/H.

Aniketk
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

if the above details are still confusing, please let me know.

Aniketk
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello ,

Kindly provide any suggestion, on how to remove assigned entitlement automatically if a user is adding a different entitlement.

Hi @Aniketk 

I think only solution is to use request options: Dropdown (Single) but it will remove the already assigned entitlements for any use case.

May be you can try with workflow to check and reject the request and try to use the SOD option and explore to see if you work it out.

But as per me there is no direct way of achieving it.

Thanks

Darshan