We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

How to query nested entitlements in REST connector

JustSalva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi all, 

We are integrating an application that has different entitlement types that are nested, for example an user can be assigned to a project (entitlement type 1) with a given role(entitlement type 2).

We are able to correlate users with projects, but then I expect to add the role as a nested entitlement.

To retrieve the information we have to perform an api call like this one: <tenant url>/rest/api/2/project/{projectId}/role/{id}, so both the project id and the role id should be dynamically populated by Saviynt in the API Call 

How can we configure this in the ImportAccountEntitlementJSON rest connector configuration? there is no reference of this in either the rest connector or the rest developers handbook documentation.

6 REPLIES 6

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can have only one entitlement value as dyankic

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

JustSalva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

mmm ok, what about if we hardcode the second parameter, configuring multiple api calls, for example:

• call 1: <tenant url>/rest/api/2/project/{projectId}/role/1
  • call 2: <tenant url>/rest/api/2/project/{projectId}/role/2
  • etc..

is there a way to have then the same hierarchy account->project->role aggregated in the account entitlement hierarchy?

It won't be good design and many hardcoding, incase of new role u need to manually update json

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

JustSalva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

yes, I'm aware of that, but I'm limited by the application exposed REST API, if it is possible to do so hardcoding the roles ids it seems my only option (the roles are 15 and are fixed). Is there a way to do so?

soumya_deep
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello,

Were you able to achieve this via the REST connector? @JustSalva 

Hi,

Unfortunately no, hardcoding seemed to be the only option, and so we agreed with our stakeholders to not aggregate this kind of entitlement for now. We suggested it as a possible improvement.