We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

How to put filter and import only Domain Users group in ADSI connection

sangitaladi
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Team

We have a requirement in ADSI, where we only need to import one group from AD. 

How to put filter and import only one group(i.e Domain Users) in ADSI connection.

Regards

Sangita Ladi

8 REPLIES 8

Rishi
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@sangitaladi in the group import JSON, try to update groupObjectClass field as below

"groupObjectClass": "(&(objectclass=group)(cn=DomainUserGroupCN))",  

replace DomainUserGroupCN  with the group CN you want to import. 

Check if this works.

sangitaladi
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

HI Rishi

Thank you for the info. i already tried this but it did not work. It gives some kind of SQL Exception error.

Regards

Sangita Ladi

What is the error?

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

sangitaladi
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Devang

I had a typo in the mapping , hence it was showing SQL exception while retrieving the response from AD. I fixed it and it worked.

I used below logic:

"groupObjectClass": "(& (objectClass=group)  (sAMAccountName=*******))",

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @sangitaladi 

Below works in our case

dgandhi_0-1681857772678.png

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

{
"entitlementTypeName": "",
"importGroupHierarchy": "true",
"performGroupAccountLinking": "true",
"incrementalTimeField": "whenChanged",
"groupObjectClass": "(& (objectClass=group)  (distinguishedName=CN=Group1,OU=GROUPS,DC=SAVIYNT,DC=US))",
"mapping": "memberHash:member_char, customPropertyl: SAMAccountType_char, customProperty16: member of_char, customProp erty2: instanceType_char, customProperty3:uSNCreated_char, customProperty4: groupType_char, customProperty 5:dSCorePropagationData_char, customProperty12: dn_char, customProperty13: cn_char, lastscandate:whenCreat ed_date, customProperty15:managedBy_char, entitlement_glossary: description_char, customProperty9:name_ch ar, customProperty10: objectCategory_char, customProperty11: SAMAccountName_char, entitlement_value:distin guishedName_char, customProperty14: objectClass_char"
}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Rishi
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@sangitaladi most probably the sql error must be for some other issue. Can you post the error (after masking any sensitive information like domain name, etc.)

sangitaladi
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thank you both.