Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

How to prevent Sav generating systemusername when using custom jar?

jralexander137
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi! We are wanting to leverage a custom jar for systemusername generation. However, we are seeing sav generate a random systemusername value when a user record is inserted and are unable to overwrite the value. How can we prevent that from happening? Are there some configs I am missing?

4 REPLIES 4

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can configure system user name generation rule in global config - Identity Lifecycle -

rushikeshvartak_0-1702919701670.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

pmahalle
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @jralexander137 ,

Any specific reason you want to create it in systemusername field, what if you created it in other attribute like customproperty?

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution to help other who may have a same problem. Give Kudos 🙂

I was able to get the systemusername from generating during user creation but am now having issues with getting sav to call the jar to generate systemusername. Is there documentation around that portion? I thought it was just a matter over configuring these two fields 

jralexander137_0-1702922279298.png