We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

How to insert multiple user records for the same user in Data Base from Saviynt

Siva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement with database in which we have a single table, Is it possible to create multiple entries for the same user with multiple groups from Saviynt?

Thanks
Siva

17 REPLIES 17

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

yes its possible https://www.mysqltutorial.org/mysql-insert-ignore/

INSERT INTO subscribers(email) VALUES('john.doe@gmail.com'), ('jane.smith@ibm.com');

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Siva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Rushikesh,
Thanks for helping, I will try with this. 

Regards,
Shiva

Siva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Rushikesh,

We have a requirement in which we have to insert the data into database on a daily basis. 
I have to insert the various data for same existing user in the database on daily basis.

Could you pls tell,Is it possible to insert multiple rows into database for same user's account?

Thanks
Siva

If its target application and application allows its possible but what will be trigger point ? You will create update accoun task via actionable report / rules and write query in side update account json

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Siva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Rushikesh,

Thanks for the above info, but we are sending data to temporary table from there it goes to main application table but the thing they are deleting the data on daily basis (if i send a user data today to the temporary table then they will delete that data). 

Here we need to insert the new records into the table on a daily basis from saviynt. we are able to create an account and insert data into the table for once.

Could you pls tell me, is it possible to insert all user's data on a daily basis without creating an account?

Thanks
Siva

You can do it create dummy update account tasks . Under Update account task write your logic.

This is not the best practices just workaround

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Siva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Rushikesh,

Thanks for the suggestion.
Could you please tell me, do we have any function other than order by to order the newly add entries at top in MySQL?
Even, we have tried with order by function, but it's not making that order. 

Thanks
Shiva

sort basis on updatedate if you have column. 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

KhaoulaD
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello,

You can use this SQL query to get all the latestes identities pushed into the platform by order as following:

select userkey, username, email from users order by userkey DESC

Regards,

Khaoula DOUHI

Siva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

we don't have updatedate, createdate only passing in this report.

Siva_0-1674492366886.png

Thanks,
Siva

if you can share query i can try 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Siva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

select Createdate,Username, 
CASE WHEN customproperty3 = 89 THEN 'AITS'
WHEN customproperty3 = 65 THEN 'AMS' 
ELSE STATUSKEY END 'CompanyName', Firstname,Lastname,Displayname, customproperty1 as SamAccountName, CASE WHEN STATUSKEY = 0 THEN 'INACTIVE' WHEN STATUSKEY = 1 THEN 'ACTIVE' ELSE STATUSKEY END 'UserStatus' from users WHERE ((firstname LIKE '% %') OR (lastname LIKE '% %') OR (firstname LIKE '%-%') OR (lastname LIKE'%-%')) and date_sub(sysdate(), INTERVAL 7 DAY) < Createdate order by Createdate DESC

Its not showing record only in saviynt ? did u checked from data analyzer. I feel analytics sort first column asc by default

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Siva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Rushikesh,

I have checked in the data analyzer; it's resulting sort of first column asc only even if I made it Order by createdate DESC.

Thanks
Siva

What is significance of this making order by just to make sure data added in sequence?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Siva
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

They want see the latest user at the top in that analytic report,
So that they can check that user on priority

Thanks,
Siva

RakeshMG
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Siva 

Please try, by this you will get the latest users.

select userkey from users order by userkey DESC

​Regards

Rakesh M Goudar