We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

How to enable reauthentication in GCP connector

Diptansu11
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello Team , 

from GCP connector documentation i can able to establish GCP connector in our test env. But the thing is the token is expiring every 16hours as GCP team has enabled reauthentication in GCP end. Is there any way to establish token rotation in GCP connector so that no need to manully click GET TOKENS and save in every 16hrs . Please suggest,

5 REPLIES 5

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @Diptansu11,

Typically, the refresh token code that is used to generate the Access Token does not expire and the GET TOKEN is needed to be done only once when the connection is created.
But if the refresh token itself is expiring due to some configuration at the GCP end and it's not working unless a GET TOKEN is done manually at the connection end, there is no other option to do that automatically.
As an alternative, you can use the Service Account method for authentication(Token Type-Service Account) or you will have to remove the configuration prompting the authentication at the GCP end.

For Ref :- https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/GCP-v23x/page/Content/Creating-a-Connection-using-the-Service-A... 

Thanks,

So is it possible to have some automated process so that credentials are rotated every 90 days or so ?

As our client doesnot want to use human creds (service account method) as well as wants to keep re-auth enabled. So please confirm :  is it possible to have some automated process so that credentials are rotated every 90 days or so ?

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @Diptansu11,

I assume you mean service account key rotation, For that you can create the change password task for the service account task.
And you still have to update the connections params with the new generated credentials manually.

Thanks.

No I am asking for oauth access token rotation if they apply say: every 90days the token will be rotated then is there any automated way of doing it instead of clicking on GETTOKEN button every 90days ?

Hello @Diptansu11 ,

No, you need to get it added manually.

Thanks