Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

How to create "Remove Account" tasks from Saviynt API

yogesh
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

create task API only allows below task types, is there any API to create "Remove Account" tasks?

yogesh_0-1665757765286.png

I tried with DELETEACCOUNT but that creates "Delete Account" tasks and does not trigger the REMOVEACCOUNTACTION json and thus nothing happens at target.

10 REPLIES 10

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

REMOVEACCOUNT or REMOVEACCESS

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

yogesh
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

REMOVEACCOUNT 
This type of task:

yogesh_0-1665758612348.png

I tried from API but this error is returned:
Request:

{
	"endpointname": "Active_Directory",
	"username": "caccount",
	"accountname": "caccount",
	"assignmenttype": "ACCOUNTS",
	"tasktype": "REMOVEACCOUNT"
}

Response:

yogesh_1-1665758729786.png

"DELETEACCOUNT" tasks are not the correct type

Seems this is not supported

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

yogesh
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I'm afraid so as well, was just checking for confirmation.
Seems like oversight from Saviynt, that should also be an available capability for API.

@yogesh,

Based on the API documentations, this seems like a miss. 

However, are you trying to create a Remove Account Task for specific endpoint ? I'm asking because "I think" the Remove Account and Delete Account tasks use the same REMOVEACCOUNTACTION for AD and RemoveAccountJSON for REST connector paremeters respectively.

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri

@yogesh I don't think this is missed from API side.

In case of remove account , task type will be 2 only difference between remove access & remove account is remove account having blank entitlement type & value hence you need to use below API to create tasks

rushikeshvartak_0-1665767910541.pngrushikeshvartak_1-1665767924174.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

@yogesh,

or alternately you could use the /createrequest API to create a "request" but you will have to modify the workflow for such requests to be autoapproved so that it opens a task.

avinashchhetri_0-1665786672677.png

Here's the task after the request is approved.

avinashchhetri_1-1665786705409.png

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri

For delete account what is task type in arstasks table

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

yogesh
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

@rushikeshvartak 's solution works for active accounts but not for inactive accounts, I am still not able to create remove account task for Inactive Account even though it is a valid use case:

yogesh_2-1665802732356.png

yogesh_0-1665802542363.png

Weird why it should fail on inactive accounts, inactive accounts can be removed. API is doing a wrong validation.

@avinashchhetri 's solution doesn't work for non-requestable applications

yogesh_3-1665802758619.png

yogesh_1-1665802645807.png

Expected this to be much more straight forward but apparently it isn't. 😑

You can't create task for inactive accounts this is expected behavior.

On Request front. You can make Endpoint as Requestable but add access query such a way that it won't visible to users.

Example where usernmae='dummy'

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak