Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

How to create a duplicate new account for endpoint if its already have existing account

Rajesh_IAM
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi All,

Its a REST based application.

Issue: We have onboarded a new rest based application to Saviynt. App team submitted new account access request through ARS in Saviynt, but due to some validation error in Create User API, new account created in Saviynt and not provisioned (created in target application). Now application team corrected that validation error from their side and we are trying to submit the new account request through ARS again, but its showing error as "Account Name already exists".

Here the problem user account is not created in target application. We have inactivated existing accounts and unlink those accounts from user's profile, still getting same error as "Account Name already exists".

Even we have disabled/off the option "Disable New Account Request if Account Already Exists" in Endpoint also.

Please check this issue and help me how to create new account again for those users in Saviynt.

Regards,

Rajesh

7 REPLIES 7

Hsoumare
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Rajesh,

two option there to solve your issue :

• first set up the reconciliation on the rest connector and ad this option on the statusthresholdconfig :
    • {
      "statusAndThresholdConfig": {
      "accountThresholdValue": 10000,
      "inactivateAccountsNotInFile": false,
      "statusColumn": "customproperty11",
      "activeStatus": [
      "true"
      ]
      }
      }
    • inactivateAccountsNotInFile: Instruct the connector to mark the account as inactive or SUSPENDED FROM IMPORT SERVICE. When set to true, accounts that are not imported during import are marked as Inactive. When set to false, accounts are marked as SUSPENDED FROM IMPORT SERVICE.

• Second option is by renaming the accountName using API call or a customqueryJob

Regards

Harouna Soumare

Rajesh_IAM
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Hsoumare  Thanks for the response.
Could you please help me with how to rename accountname with custom query job.?

update saviynt.accounts a
set a.name="name-deleted"
where a.accountkey="accountkeyvalue"

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

Rajesh_IAM
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@dgandhi  Thanks for the update.
I have tried with below query, still its not updating existing account name(xxx98183). Even I tried with both double quotation as well as single quotation for a.name and a.accountkey.

update saviynt.accounts a set a.name='xxx8183DE' where a.accountkey='xxx8897'

Please check and help me on this as its priority critical issue.

accountkey is wrong in your query. First find the account key for the account that you want to rename. You can get accountkey from the URL(open the particular account and in the URL the account key should be present) or from the select query (select a.accountkey from accounts a where a.name = "name of account" and a.endpointkey =(endpoint key where account is present) Once you get the account key , paste the same in the above mentioned update statement.

As best practice , validate this is lower env before doing the same on Prod.

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

I can think of below solution:

Have you added below config in your import json "accountsNotInImportAction".

If not just check this in below document and add the same.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/REST-v2020x/page/Content/Developers-Handbook.htm#top

Since the account is not present in the target and hence when you do the import , it will change the status of existing account present in Saviynt to "SUSPENDED FROM IMPORT" and change the account name to -Deleted tag.

Once this is done, you can try to create the account again.

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi

Hsoumare
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

try this one :

UPDATE ACCOUNTS A
SET A.name= 'SAVxxxx-delete'
WHERE A.ACCOUNTKEY= '326263';

Regards

Harouna